Sunday, February 14, 2010

Violet Vector and the Lovely Lovelies

I just got back from the trinity alps in northern california (west of mt. shasta) and that's what I would've seen had it not been raining all weekend.

I listened to my fill of Led Zeppelin this weekend with friends in the car ride there, not that I don't like zeppelin, but I dunno I hear it all the time.

So I'm going to post something I don't hear all the time, that most people don't hear ever, and that is oddly enough, not really that different from Led Zeppelin. Who's this, you may ask? Violet Vector and the Lovely Lovelies.

You may have noticed that cute, trendy photograph of them to the right, in my "who I'm crazy in love with" box. I guess I'll change that now. Plus, i've been in a "I-feel-like-posting-new-bands" kick for some reason, perhaps because i've been listening to more new music than I normally do. I'm sure this is what attracts those magical "bleaders" (yes, i'm making this up, work with me), aka blog readers to my page. Most people read blogs for new bands than old ones, or at least I have this belief in my mind.

Anyways, Violet Vector, (for short) are from Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Don't get me started about that town, let's just say if someone put a gun to my head and made me live in the south, it would be there (or perhaps, Athens, GA or Austin, TX (is that the south?)). It's a fun indie pop/garage/girl group sound, it's cute, and so are they.

Not much else to say, really. I've really been into their second EP, aptly titled EPII. Not that their first EP is bad, but the second's artwork is highly superior, and people want new stuff usually. So, without further adeu, here it is, at 320 kb, of course.
http://sharebee.com/f50f2752

Uhh, yeah, still haven't done anything about this comment problem. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment