Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sugar Hiccup- Oracle and Womb


I've probably blogged about how much I love the Cocteau Twins before, so I'll keep my Cocteau Twin worshiping to a minimum. I feel that alot of the bands that cite them as an influence don't really sound like them, but perhaps take the idea, or the soul of the Cocteau Twins. While that's great, what I really love about the Cocteau Twins is the music. That's why I love Sugar Hiccup so much. It doesn't copy their sound, just elaborates it. They sound much more like a band, and have a little rockier edge, but it's still very ethereal. Melody del Mundo, the lead vocalist, has a similar, yet unique voice, that's just as powerful as Elizabeth Fraser. Sometimes, the guitarist and Melody duet, which is a nice touch.

The coolest part is that they're from the Philippines. Who would've guessed?

They've put out three albums, but their main singer left before the newest one (2006), and I've never listened to it, so I can't say if it's any good. I doubt it's bad.

Needless to say, every Cocteau Twins fan should at least hear their first two albums, Oracle, and Womb.

Ripped at 256. Sorry, but it's hard to find their stuff on the interwebs.

http://sharebee.com/303ba8f5

No comments:

Post a Comment