Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Frightwig

It's interesting how certain bands become famous during their careers, afterwards, or not at all. Frightwig, for example is an odd case. They were a 80's punk/rock all girl band. You could say they were to Bikini Kill as the Stooges were to the Ramones. And, if that's not enough, some of the great 90's female acts, aka Bikini Kill, PJ Harvey, Hole, etc, have personally indebted themselves to Frightwig. Yet, nobody (even most fans of Riot Grrrl that I've come across) has heard of them.

They are more rocky feeling than actual riot grrrl, but whoever runs this dandy blog called "rebelbass" has already done my job, and better than I could, and posted the majority of their discography.

So hop on over here and get some female music edumacation.

Tomorrow, before I see an awesome house show with Autumn Sky and Meredith Axelrod, which I will record and will hopefully be worthy of your ears, I think i'm going to post Gaze's first 7", so stay tuned for some AMAZING ROSE MELBERG TWEE POP GREATNESS.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment