Monday, February 8, 2010

Kitten Forever-Magical Realism 7"


Kitten Forever is one of my favorite new riot grrrl/post punk bands at the moment. They've got a really good vibe to them, for lack of any other description. Plus, they list husker du as an influence, automatic points with me.
I guess the best way to describe it is to put all your favorite female punk, post punk, and riot grrrl, (a little extra on the riot grrrl) and hit blend. If you follow this blog at all, you probably know my affinity for this 'sound' of music.

They look like a bunch of transient-psuedo hippies (trust me, I am qualified to make this judgement) and that also makes me like them. The fact that they're from Minneapolis is cool, mostly because it's nice to see riot grrrl post punk stuff coming out of areas that aren't normally associated with it (i.e. the northwest).

I ripped their new 7", Magical Realism (at 320, of course!). It's really magical. Definiately buy it, and check out their myspace.

sharebee.com/b2fe6cb2

1 comment: