Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Calling All Girls!

Not to toot my own horn too much, but I just want to post the link to one of the radio shows that I host on kdvs. I cohost a female vocalist show (who would've guessed), and this past week we played mostly twee/indie pop, so I figured I'd share it all with you so you can learn some new bands and enjoy some classics.

Stream at 320kb here for up to 2 months.

There's more info about the songs and some commentary here at the show's page, but below is the shortened version. * denotes new music, so check them out!

Song Order
Heavenly-Stop Before You Say It

-airbreak-

the Pastels-Firebell Ringing
Aberdeen-Sunny in California
the Carosel-Yesterday Boy
Chin-Chin-Dark Days

-airbreak-

Polly Perkins - You Too Can Be A Beatle
Weekend-Weekend Stroll
Simone Jackson- Pop Pop Pop Pie
The Flips-Baby (It's Gonna Be Alright)
Wandering Lucy-Hard One

-airbreak-

Juniper Moon-Volveras?
Strawberry Story-I Still Want You
that dog-Punk Rock Girl
Nosotrash-Hacia El Sur


Grenadine- I Only Have Eyes For You

-airbreak-

Tiger Trap-Hiding
Pipas-Riff Raff
The Best Wishes-Beautiful Morning
Cat's Meow-Tangle My Shoes
Veronica Falls-Starry Eyes
World of Pooh-Someone Wants You Dead

Eggplant - Because Some Things Are

-airbreak-

The Mayfair Set-Desert Fun
Black Tambourine-Can't Explain
Velocity Girl-There's Only One Thing Left to Say
Marine Research-Venn Diagram

-airbreak-

Tender Trap-Oh Katrina
Maylove-In a Tinderbox Love Song
Maybellines-Our Midnight
Maybelines-What About Me
The Corner Laughers-The Commonest Manifesto* (check out their myspace http://www.myspace.com/cornerlaughers)
Pants Yell!* (untitled)

-airbreak-

The Happy Hollows- Faces*
Fanshaw-Diana*

-airbreak-

Princess-Say I'm Your Number One (a suprise, just to mess with you all)




No comments:

Post a Comment