Sunday, January 24, 2010

Yum Yum Tree

Short and simple today.

Yum Yum Tree was a hardcore punk/riot grrrl band from NYC in the mid to late 1990's. They released a number of 7's, a cd, and a 10inch. I have a fairly large collection, so I will post more when I get around to it.

Today, I have their cd, trenDy, from 1994. It's hard to find information on them, as there's this band called The Yum Yum Tree that's new and pretty active. I have no clue what it sounds like, but from a superficial stereotyping (I know, I know) it looks like indie crap. If you like them, let me know. If you were led to my page thinking that I was blogging about them, sorry.

Sonically, yum yum tree has much more of a hardcore feel to their songs than most riot grrl, and a little more diversity too. I like it. Generally people know if they like riot grrrl/punk or not.

Ripped at 320. Link in comments.

1 comment: