Saturday, January 9, 2010

Suzy Saxon and the Anglos


I finally have the pleasure of introducing you to a great band which you can't find anywhere on the internet. Or even in digital form! This perplexes me as they put out three albums, an EP and a number of singles. Who knows, right?

Suzy Saxon and the Anglos were a rock band in the 80's and early 90's from Richmond, Va. Wikipedia compares them to Blondie, but the only similarity I see is that they both have a lead female and a bunch of guys backing them up. Soundwise, The Anglos have a much more jangle pop/REM/ alt-country vibe to me. Why they didn't become super famous I have no clue.

I love them, personally, and if you like a little jangle in your rock and a little 80's in your life, I'm pretty sure you'll like them too. College rock definately doesn't sound like this anymore! I sound old! I wasn't even alive when this came out! (1988).

Anyways, here for you today is their second to last release, A Deal's A Deal. I can also digitize from vinyl their first LP if anyone's interested. I just got around to transferring a bunch of stuff, so stay tuned because there's gonna be alot of really rare stuff.

Link in the comments. Ripped at 320 from a pretty much mint vinyl.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks and i'd love a rip of their first lp or anything else you've got of theirs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these guys use to practice at my house when I was a kid

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this band. Pretty low fi recordings, but the music is wonderful, anyway. I'd love to have a CD or mp3 files.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If getting a copy is possible, please email me at Allison_McNeal@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete