Saturday, January 16, 2010

Lorette Velvette

I'm not really sure why I started a blog. I mean, I'm a really shy person who doesn't really like to talk to people, just listen. Sometimes, however, just listening to people draws undue and unwanted attention to myself, so I'm obligated to talk to then shift the focus of me not talking away from me and back to whomever was originally talking.

I follow a number of blogs, not because I like the blogs per se, or the writing, but because they like the same music that I do. In fact, I have a rather negative stereotype about people that write blogs. Especially musical ones.

Most of the time, I think I started it to show people music that I really like (selfish, I guess) and want other people to like. Perhaps to start a conversation?

Anyways, the point of this post is to introduce whomever reads this thing. To you, reader x, shall now meet Lorette Velvette. I'm continuing my 90's trend, but moving now to a little blues/punk/country mix. I will admit that this is pretty much out of my 'territory' as in knowledge, not as in liking. When I come across it, I generally like it. I guess I should make more of an effort to come across it?

The best way to describe it is kind of garage/acid blues punk, with a little country twang. It sounds fairly countrish upfront, but her later releases are a little odder. Actually, she kind of has alot in similar with the White Stripes. Hmm?

She seemed to be active mostly in the 90's in Memphis. The links have alot more information if you sound like giving her a shot with your ears.

I should listen to more of this. Musical vegetables, kids.

White Birds: 1993

Dream Hotel: 1995

Lost Part of Me: 1997

No comments:

Post a Comment