Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Tiger Trap-Supercrush 7"

I just watched the documentary K Records: The Shield Around The K, and while the documentary itself wasn't spectacular, the story it told was rather spectacular. That makes the Tiger Trap post that I've been promising you all even more fitting. If you like K records, or indie/pop/rock in general, definitely check it out.

Tiger Trap is simply fucking amazing. They have a little more guitar bite than a lot of twee pop, which I love. But, it just seems to be infinitely cuter, better, catchier, local (we like to brag about it, probably too much), and there's just something about Rose Melberg, that makes it so much better than most twee pop. I saw her play solo in Sacramento back in November of last year, and while I love her solo stuff, I had to tell her that Tiger Trap will always have my heart. It's one of my favorite bands. So much so, that I actually got the courage to ask to take a picture with her. That's an accomplishment for me.

Most people (me included) haven't heard of the Supercrush 7" they put out on K around the same time that they released their first album. The best part of it is the last song- hiding- which you can't get anywhere else. So, if you're a fan of Tiger Trap or twee pop in general, I have a treat for you.

Ripped from a good enough vinyl at 320. Link in the comments. All hail Rose Melberg.

1 comment: