Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Mutating Meltdown- Fantasy 7" and some other stuff

I had a fun little break in Los Angeles. Luckily, I also got to go to the slumberland records 20th anniversary show. Very cool.

I really like mutating meltdown. They're a fairly new and still way underground band, however their last release came out late last year. I thought I had posted their 7", fantasy, already. Apparently not.

They're from Austin, and are very similar to Erase Errata and Finally Punk. Imagine Pere Ubu mixed with some riot grrrl, and add a dash of organ/synth. Mostly, it's beautiful post-punk. So take it or leave it.

I am looking forward to more music in the future, and I know they won't disappoint. Now to get them to come out to California...

Fantasy 7" and assorted other songs at 256 here.

Check out their myspace and support them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment