Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Third Sex- Card Carryin'



A treat for 90's northwest girl band lovers- The Third Sex's 1st album, Card Carryin'.

Think Sleater-Kinney, Team Dresch, things like that. In other words, awesome.

I will do that megapost I promised soon. Finals, sigh.

Here's what I wrote from the blog I did for their second album:

Oddly, not many people seem to remember The Third Sex. They were an all girl band on the chainsaw label in the mid-late 90's. They released two albums, Card Carryin' and Back To Go. Perhaps of their similarity to the infamous Sleater-Kinney, they got forgotten in the shuffle. (actually, this is one of the few bands that actually sounds like Sleater-Kinney, at least to me)

Musically, it's more of a poppier dig me out or hot rock era Sleater-Kinney, with a little more jangle than riff. The vocals are little scratchier and a lot less powerful than Corin Tucker's. But, taken on it's own, it's pretty good indie rock.

Ripped at 320 for your sonic pleasure here

No comments:

Post a Comment