Sunday, December 13, 2009

Yolette

So.

I have a disturbing love for 80's italo disco/hi-nrg stuff. For those who don't speak music nerd, basically stereotypically cheesy 80's pop with some disco mixed in. I know, it sounds horrible, but just try it! It's really great dance music. Just listen to it by yourself with some good bass, and trust me, you'll lighten up and dig the grooves.

I came across a rather rare record, and had the good luck of deciding to listen to it. Pro skills me. Anyways, I happened to love it, and it happened to be some cool italo disco (more than hi-nrg. If you hadn't figured out, "hi-nrg" is faster and a little synthier in general). I searched really, really, hard for more info on this artist, yolette, and found nothing. This single was released on his own label. He also put out another single. Hopefully, I will buy it and convert it over to mp3 for y'all.

In the mean time, here's his first 12" single to whet your palette:

Yolette-I Want You 12"

1 comment:

  1. What the bloody ***** are you doing? You haven't responded to facebook all day!!!!!!!!!!!! Mark went to pick you lup Saturday night and you didn't respond!!!!!!! They couldn't find you. They tried the house, people's cells, KDVS, everyone we knew. What the **** were you doing? I told you Sat. night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete