Sunday, December 27, 2009

Electrelane

I've been thinking, well, I post about all this obscure stuff, but maybe people haven't heard of more mainsteam things.

Then, this morning, I was playing Electrelane's The Power Out. And then it hit me.

"Gee, you know, there are probably lost souls who haven't heard this amazing album"

The next thing I thought was:

"Gee, I'm a lost soul who is permenantly damaged by me not seeing them live before they broke up"

One of my friends did however, and i'm still ticked off about it.

However, I love Electrelane too much to fret over small things like that. The best way to describe them is a female punk/organ version of early era Modest Mouse. I also love early era Modest Mouse. Coincidence? I think not. But, since MM is pretty popular today, than my retarded logic should follow that Electrelane would thus also be popular and more people would like them.

Maybe you should just decide for yourself.

The Power Out/No Shouts No Calls

No comments:

Post a Comment