Thursday, December 17, 2009

Kellarissa-Flamingo

Kellarissa is the solo artist Larissa Loyva. You may know her from P:ano. These days, she's up in Vancouver, B.C., and by the amazingness of her new(ish) album, doing great. Her album came out in 2008, hence the new(ish). I saw her live with Rose Melberg and Dreamdate (lucky, lucky, I know). And someday, I'll blog about Dreamdate too.

As for what she sounds like, it's kind of got electrelane moments, dreamy haze, some mazzy star, a little loungy with some piano, and a lot of reverb and program loops. How she does all of this with her 'candied yam' (aka yamaha) I have no clue. All I know is that it is truly out of this world and some of the more unique sounds in a while. I especially loves when she sings in finnish.

I am a horrible reviewer. That's why I post what I love. I would pretty much marry her. I also feel like I can never accurately describe music via text. At least I tried.

Ripped @ 320, vbr. Link in the comments. My upload isn't working right now, so check tomorrow.

1 comment: