Monday, August 23, 2010

Pearly-Dewdrops 8/11: Ruminations on the new Grass Widow album, Sleater-Kinney and Cats

I have a radio show called Pearly-Dewdrops. I keep reminding myself to connect the blog and the show more, but it never happens. That, and I don't like to promote myself. I don't have much ego.

The new Grass Widow album, Past Time, comes out tomorrow, and here at kdvs we got an advance copy. To keep things short, it's fucking great. Anyways, since it comes out tomorrow, I figured i'd post the show where I play a number of Grass Widow songs (and one from the new album). Their new album already leaked, so you can find it easy enough. I may upload a flac copy of it, I may not. If people really want me to, then I will.

I also debut a newish cd by Emily Frembgen, a friend of mine, ponder on cats and play a cabaret version of a classic Sleater-Kinney song. I also played a whole side of a compilation of artists covering Beat Happening, so the show is high in awesomeness.

Tomorrow morning I'll have a suprise for you all, so check back soon.

Listen to the show here.

No comments:

Post a Comment