Friday, July 16, 2010

Sarah June

I just updated the "Who I'm in love with box" on the right, so as per tradition, it's time to share the old one with you. As she's somewhat of an "internet acquaintance" I won't be rude and upload her album, but I will upload a song- and hopefully everyone won't kill me. (you, the illicit reader for me not posting it, and her for me posting it, ha). She's told me her new album will come out on vinyl- another convert, haha.

But what can I say about the music? Well, she has the sweetest voice short of Rose Melberg, and she plays the guitar in some magical way. It'll shake you to your core if you let it. Very melancholic, with a twist of gothic feel- think cranes or any classic darkwave act. If you get bored of "another neko case" or "another singer/songwriter" well pay attention. She is definitely neither.

As for the new band that "i'm in love with", well, just check my last blog. That goes to a completely other type of music. Hey, it's my blog.

Grab a slice of Sarah June's new album here and then you'll buy it, I swear. She's playing in SF on July 20th- and I plan on attending. Unfortunately, it's 21 and over. Details here.

No comments:

Post a Comment